The Parent Teachers Association (PTA) is a dedicated and committed group of parents and staff who work together through various activities to provide both social and fund raising events for the children and parents of the school; they are collectively known as "The Friends". Their support for the work of the School is invaluable - through their combined efforts including Easyfundraising and Corporate sponsorship they have raised over £6250 in 2014/15. This money has been to put to good use and has enabled the school to provide:
- the Learning Lab as a valued new teaching space for use by all children.
- heavily subsidised educational visits such as the Audley End Chrsitmas Train for EYFS, Class 1 Living History Days, Class 2 and 3 trip to Matilda
- the traditional Year 6 Leavers' Hoodies
- better equipment for Mrs Hale's Gardening Club
- the children with crackers for their Chritsmas Lunch
- new science Lego resources for Key Stage 2
- a wide range of Christmas craft resources for all of the children
- 'ice-poles' to quench the children's thrist after Sports' Day
The current Chairperson of the PTA is Sara Goggin and information regarding their latest events and how to contact the committee members can be found on their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Great-Sampford-PTA/322077147974524.