The Governing Body is responsible for working with the school in a thinking, questioning and doing role to ensure that it delivers a good quality education. Together with the Head Teacher, who is responsible for day-to-day management, it sets the school's aims and policies. At Great Sampford our Governing Body consists of 10 Governors all of whom are entitled to serve a four year term of office. Currently we have:
- four Parent Governors (these are members of the parent body who have been duly elected by the parents),
- three Co-Opted Governors (these are Governors who have been selected to represent a cross-section of the local community or to provide a specific skill set),
- one Local Authority Governor (this person is nominated by the Local Authority),
- one Staff Governor (this person is selected by the staff of the school),
- The Head Teacher (this person stands in an ex-officio role).
The Governing Body meets as a Full Governing Body at least once a term. There are also three separate committees that meet once a term to look in more detail at the workings of the school:
- The Learning and Development Committee focuses specifically on the curriculum and all other pupil related issues such as behaviour, school meals etc.
- The Resources Committee focuses specifically on the school’s budget and the premises.
- The Personnel Committee focuses on human resource issues and performance management.
Each member of the Governing Body is given a portfolio of areas to focus on and is required to sit on at least one of the three committees outlined above.
Currently the Chair of the Governing Body is Paris Mikkides and the Vice Chair is Jessica Allen.
An individual Governor’s principal role is to contribute to the work of the Governing Body in ensuring the high standards of achievement for all children and young people in the school. They are expected to contribute to the strategic discussions at Governing Body meetings that:
- set the school’s vision and ethos,
- hold senior leaders to account by monitoring the school’s performance,
- ensure that the school staff have the resources they require to do their jobs well.
|Attendance 2015-16.pdf||79.94 KB|
|The Structure of the Governing Body.pdf||15.87 KB|
|Governors Register of Business Interests 09 16.pdf||111.8 KB|